I spend hours making a font out of my own handwriting today. It involves:
- Printing out 25 pages of template (so that all the characters/ligatures have variants)
- Filling them in
- Laboriously scanning them (my kingdom for a multi-page scanner!)
- Scaling/adjusting 971 glyphs in a browser app
Oh, by the way, I can’t actually use it for anything. WordPress doesn’t allow custom fonts unless you pay for the business plan (and I’ve held off so far). I knew this before I started, but once the idea came to me I couldn’t resist.
Things I didn’t get done:
- Finishing DVD organisation (more on this another time)
- Eating supper at a reasonable hour
I finish the task at 22.00, at which point I finally eat something.
That was a textbook example of hyperfocus – if only I’d channelled it into something profitable, eh?