I’m always late to work and my puppy is all itchy
Day 91 - Late
No matter how long I give myself in the morning, I am reliably failing to turn up to work on time. I’m not very late – 10-15 minutes, usually – but it’s getting a bit ridiculous. Luckily my boss doesn’t appear to mind (I stay late to make up for it).
Reasons I was late to work this morning:
- The snooze button
- Spotify refusing to play the one song I decided I needed to wake up
- Putting on makeup for once because I felt like a sea slug
- Getting egg yolk on the back (?!) of my tights and having to change
- Walking slowly towards the spot where a cute spaniel is usually sat, in the hope that he turns up by the time I get there. I haven’t seen him since before the summer holidays. Maybe his owner’s kid stopped going to the primary school 🙁
- Trying to open the office door with my car key
Head not working
Yesterday the should-be-familiar-by-now PMS symptoms hit me and I was as befuddled by them as ever. Extremely badly affected by outside stimuli, almost incapable of reading full paragraphs and making sense of them. And yet I didn’t realise why until I started my period this morning. Ho hum!
Tried to write about the worst of the symptoms as they were happening, yesterday, but couldn’t make myself complete a sentence.
Oh, why is my puppy so sickly? Well, she’s not – she’s 99% energy and cuddles – but now she’s scratching herself so much that she’s losing hair on her ears. Mites? Fleas? Food allergy (please no… don’t make me organise a hypoallergenic diet…)?
Back to the vet, I suppose.